Pastor Rick Jackson
I. A BELIEVER’S JOY [v. 1-4]
1. God’s Strength & Salvation [v. 1, Ps. 18:2, 27:1]
Moses- Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Isaiah- Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Saints in Heaven- Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
2. God’s Greatness in Hearing Prayer [v. 2, 4] Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
3. God’s Graciousness in Blessing Us [v. 3] Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us
II. A BELIEVER’S GLORY [v. 5-7]
1. Salvation’s Honor & Majesty [v. 5]
Psalms 96:6 Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
Psalms 104:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
Daniel 5:18 O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:
2. Salvation’s Length & Access [v.6, 17:15]
Job 19:27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
3. Salvation’s Basis & Security [v. 7, 16:8]
Psalms 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
Proverbs 12:3 A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.
III. A BELIEVER’S ESCAPE [v. 8-13]
1. A Fiery End [v. 8-10]
2. A Fruitless Ambition [v. 11-12] a wasted life
3. A Fool’s Song [v. 13] instead the believer sings a wise song
Ecclesiastes 7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.