Tuesday, September 16, 2014

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

I am always suspicious of profound explanations of Scripture, explanations that require a scholar or philosopher to understand them. The Bible is a plain man's book (Mt. 11:25). In at least ninety-nine cases in a hundred the meaning of Scripture lies on the surface-- the meaning that any simple-minded man, woman, or child who really wants to know and obey the truth would see in it. - R.A. Torrey

No affliction would trouble a child of God, if he knew God's reasons for sending it. - Morgan

Oh what a happy soul am I
Although I cannot see,
I am resolved that in this world
Contented I will be;
How many blessings I enjoy
That other people don't;
To weep and sigh because I'm blind,
I cannot and I won't.

Fanny Crosby (at age 8)

Difficulties are God's errands; and when we are sent upon them. we should esteem it a proof of God's confidence. - Beecher

 

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'