Friday, April 17, 2015

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

A man came to Mr. D.L. Moody and said, "Mr. Moody, my boy is unsaved. I can't get him saved. I don't get my prayers answered. I wonder what is wrong?"
Mr. Moody said, "What kind of devilment have you been into?"
He said, "I don't know."
Moody said, "Well, if you don't know, guess at it." And Moody said he guessed it the first pop out of the box! - John R. Rice

You have the old carnal nature that you need to watch. Sometimes young people say, "Oh Brother Rice, my parents do not trust me." If you are wise, you will not trust yourself. - John R. Rice

Everyone who serves God chops with a borrowed axe. - John R. Rice

A Campbellite preacher said to me, "Brother Rice do you believe that when one gets saved, he is saved forever?"
I answered, "That depends. If the Lord does the saving, and if He gives me a new heart, and if He makes make a partaker of the Divine Spirit, and if my name is written down in Heaven, and if Jesus is already building a mansion for me, and if He promised everlasting life, and if He carried away my sins as far as the east is from the west and buried in the bottom of the sea and put behind God's back and He forgot all about them, never to remember them again- if He did all that, then I got it for good and forever!"
And that is what the Bible says He did.
This Campbellite man said, "Well, I do not believe that. If I did then I would go out and have my fill of sin."
I said, "If you have not already had your fill of sin, you do not know what I am talking about." - John R. Rice


You say, "Brother Rice, we'd better get people taught in the Word of God first, and Christians revived, then we can win souls." You would have the millennium if you ever got all that. - John R. Rice

And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends. Acts 10:24
His (Cornelius') kinsman and all his close friends were over at his house. That fellow not only wanted to get saved but he wanted his whole family saved. Then a wonderful thing happened. Now Peter wanted to preach a good sermon. He said, "These ignorant gentile heathens don't know anything. I am going to have to preach a good sermon to the whole bunch." But he made a mistake; he let the cat out of the bag and told the plan of salvation first, and that broke up the meeting! They all got saved! How do you know he intended to preach on it? Later reporting to the apostles down at Jerusalem, we learn why it was he got these Gentiles saved that he didn't mean to get saved: "And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them" (Acts 11:15). That ruined the meeting. They all got saved, and he didn't get to preach that big sermon. - John R. Rice

And at midnight Paul and Silas sang praises to God. I don't know what they did before that. Dr. Roberson, do you reckon they complained a little before midnight? I doubt it. At midnight they were singing praises to God and prayed and the prisoners heard them, Someone else heard them too! Now this part you have to read between the lines. The angel Gabriel stood around the throne fidgeting. The Lord said, "What's the matter? You have ants in your pants?"
"No, but those good men are down there in that jail with their shirts torn off. And the jailers beat them up good. They haven't had any supper."
The Lord said, "Well Gabe, what do you want to do?"
"I want to go down there and get those preachers out of jail!"
So the Lord said, "O.K., but take it easy. Don't hurt anybody."
Now, if you don't think it happened that way, you tell me how it did happen! - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'